Thursday, December 15, 2005

Hectic Holidays Part III: Truffle Mania

Tonight was a frenzy of pecan shelling and truffle making. My boyfriend had brought me some pecans when he went home to visit his family this past Thanksgiving. My friend and I thought that they would be a nice adornment for some of the truffles. We wanted to put whole pecans on top of square truffles...That is until we tried to shell pecans. Now I can understand why shelled nuts are so expensive - it's really hard to shell them and keep them intact. So we went with plan b, rolling the truffles in chopped pecans. I actually didn't like the pecans as much as the macademia nuts. The macademias were a little more flavorful. We made another batch of truffles and have two left to make. We also froze jam balls in preparation for dipping them in melted chocolate on Sunday.

Meanwhile, at the house, my roommate was on a baking roll. When I got back to the house at 10 PM, she had made peanut butter blossoms, lemon cookies, and was starting to roll out her sugar cookies. We have 3 Christmas-y cookie cutters, a snowman, a Christmas tree and a star. I helped her decorate the cookies with sprinkles (green and red which we had left over from last year).

Tomorrow night we will make the filling for the eggrolls (300 meat-filled and 100 vegan) and possibly another batch of the peanut butter blossoms. I'm really glad tomorrow is Friday.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger annapurna said...

Thanks, Dave! I'll try to list the recipes that I'm working with in later posts if you want to try some stuff out. I look forward to reading your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home