Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Last Night's Dinner

I love my house! Seriously, the house itself is spacious and comfortable and my roommates are great people.

It's been so cold lately and I've been craving these rich, hearty, wintry dishes. I came home last night and really wanted to have, as I said to one of my roommates, something cake-y and spicy and warm to eat with vanilla ice cream on top. He presented me with a warm gingerbread that was a perfect match for the vanilla ice cream and my wintry mood.

What else did we have for dinner? I had purchased a wonderful rockfish from the an Asian market. I steamed it and served it with a ginger scallion sauce with rice topped with a soy and lime sauce. I also found a great deal on spinach this week at the market and made a Guyanan recipe of spinach sauteed with garlic, onions, scallions and chili peppers.



But the star of the show was my roommate's gingerbread.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home