Sunday, December 11, 2005

Well, we've finally started the food blog for the Immorality of Today's Youth cooking show. Considering the speed at which we produce shows, I think that the blog will be a much better way for us to keep in touch and exhibit what we are doing.

The show is based on this crazy idea that we all had, being young, 20-something professionals living in the city with a lot of free time on our hands. We all live in this wonderful house with an amazing kitchen that has enabled us to cook these elaborate meals. So far, we've created 2 shows, one on Middle Eastern food and the other on canning tomatoes. There have been a few problems getting these shows together and finishing the episodes but we look forward to doing some more soon.

To give you an idea of what a typical dinner for us is like, I have posted some pictures for a weeknight dinner from last week.

I love food from many different regions, though I do find myself gravitating towards French, Italian and Asian cuisines. Tonight, I was feeling the need for a vaguely Italian meal.

First, on the menu was spaghetti with a tomato, butter and onion sauce and a roasted chicken with lemon both adapted from Marcella Hazan.


I don't feel right without having at least one vegetable on the table, so I made steamed broccoli with a butter and lemon sauce.

And someone requested chocolate chip cookies, these came from a recipe straight off the back of the Toll House Chocolate Chips bag. There's no use in messing with a good thing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home